Tuesday, July 6, 2010

LADY YOU WENT TOO FAR!!!!

You know, sometimes I wonder... What in the hell was she thinking? I mean seriously, what in the HELL were you thinking when you did this to yourself?!?! Okay! A quick story. So today I was walking down the street... Minding my business with my over sized sunglasses and a hat on and my favorite brand of coffee ( I will not advertise them until I get and endorsement deal. LOL!). So anyway, I just got finished working out and I didn't really want to be seen looking so bad. So again, I was minding my own business and what do I see a mile away???? A woman who looked like the above picture!!!!! OMG!! LADY, you just went a little too far! I should not see your eyebrows before I see your face! I should not see a dark line around your lips because this was done in 1997! I was so sad for her. Her face looked like a giant Crayola box! Obviously she wakes up every morning at the crack of dawn to put on this face! I mean, who does that?? I can tell that she is in her early to mid 20's, but the makeup that she had on aged her about 20 extra years. Her foundation of choice was so thick and it was the wrong color!!! I didn't want to speak on it, but I think I am. I have to, since woman still think it's okay to look like Tammy Fay Baker or a drag queen! It is my moral obligation as a makeup artist and friend... LOL! So here are the rules for a fresh summer time look. I hope that you use some of these tips because GEESH! The next time I will have an intervention!!!!

1.)Use a tinted moisturizer for the summer. If you want more coverage use a foundation but don't cake it on. A little bit goes a looooong way in most cases.

2.) Use day time looks for the day time and night time looks for the night. Who wears a smokey, cat eye to go to the office. Save that for after work.

3.) Blend, blend BLEND! your lip liner! It is okay to have a contrast of color on your lips. But if I see you with a dark thick line on your lips, I will have a fit!

4.) Make sure you place the bronzer on the high lights of your face (bridge of nose, cheek bones, forehead and center of the chin) If you put it on all over, you will look dirty and not bronzed.

5.) Do not! And I mean Do not wear frost eyeshadow from your lash line to your eyebrow! I hate it! I hate that the most!! That is not a good look for the day or the night!

I hope that this helps you a little bit with your everyday look. If you have a question hit me up on FB under Yolanda Parrish or on twitter @ eyecandi_82 or at hermosamakeup@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment