Wednesday, July 14, 2010

TAKE A CHILL PILL!


I am sure you have had your days of being a little bit on edge. The children are getting on your nerves, you have a big project due for work tomorrow and your husband is asking you what's for dinner!! This clearly spells STRESS! This is a serious concern for women's health, state of mind and their SKIN! Stress not only can make you sick, but it can also make you look baaad... No seriously, stress shows up in a few places you don't ever want it to. Your hair, tummy and most importantly your face. Try to take it easy ladies and realize that you are not Super Women. You can not save the day! If you don't take care of you, who else will. I think that women today need to take better care of themselves and their temple which is their body. We were Created to nurture and protect. Well today I am going to give you a few tips on taking care of you.
I came up with a relaxation routine that you can do once a week or how ever many times you need it!

1.) As soon as you hit the door take off your clothes! Take down your hair and breathe! It is such a relief to be able to strip off the articles of clothing that have had you bound all day! (like your bra!!!)

2.) If you have to prepare dinner, do something quick! I love making tacos. Self serve, easy and quick!

3.) Prepare a bath. If you want to really relax, try burning a candle with lavender or jasmine. I also fell in love with Aroma Therapeutics Sensual Surrender Jasmine and Ginger bubble bath. This is wonderful and natural if you have sensitive skin.

4.) A facial mask is a must!! I love Borghese's Clay mask! They suck the dirt right out of your pores. But if your skin is kinda dry, try the moisture mask from Laura Mericer. They are awesome!!!

5.) Warm oils are the best. I love the feel of warm oils on my skin. It gives you a calm and soothing feel all over your body. Ayurvedic oils have been known to reduce sadness, confusion and indecisiveness. You can go to a spa and get a warm oil massage for over $100.00 or you can get your significant other to give you a nice rub down... Either way, this is a wonderful way to relieve stress.

6.) Have a nice, warm cup of tea before bed. I love sleepy time tea from Celestial Seasonings! Yummy and my fave!! Its Egyptian chamomile, cool spearmint and lemon grass really get's you prepared and ready for sleep. I get this when Teavana is outta budget. I think it works just fine!!!

These tips help you get rid of some of the stress at the end of the day. But the biggest tip I can give you is to let go and let God! Don't sweat the small stuff. So what if some things didn't go as planned. IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS GIRL!!! TAKE A CHILL PILL! I hope these tips help you have a wonderful night sleeping the stress away...

No comments:

Post a Comment