Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Supporting a Great Cause

I am kinda late on this blog, but what can I say. Better late than NEVER! Since the beginning of the year I have been approached to work on various committees about doing charitable work. I have been involved with breast cancer, skin cancer, ovarian cancer, AIDS, children against violence and the list goes on and on. I realized that my mission in life is to make people look better and feel better about themselves. But I also have a mission to make this world a better place. I may kid around a lot and say some outlandish things. But when it comes to the truth and making people aware of what's going on in the world... I take that role very seriously. 
Well to make a long story short. I had an old boss come to me and ask me for a favor. As the owner of On Point Hair Salon she wanted to give back to her community. Marcelle Johnson had a fire that was burning in her to make a difference. And she wanted me to tag along with her on this journey. "You want to do a fashion show?" I asked... "Well I got the makeup! No PROBLEM!" Lol! Well as the months drew closer to the event, I began to get a lil nervous... Are people buying tickets? Do we have designers for the show? What do the models look like?!?! I really don't know if this woman is going to pull all of this off!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES! 
"We need more money to give to this organization ! I will do a girls night out event and raise money!" This by far was one of my biggest events that I have ever hosted in my business career!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!!! AND ALL THE MONEY WENT TO CHARITY??? WHAT IN THE HELL!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!! This is what I found out. No matter how big or how small you give. The only thing that matters is that you gave. That's all that God wants us to do is give. Give a hug, give a kiss, give a word of encouragement, give an ride, give food, give shelter, JUST GIVE! 
I must say that Marcelle with a host of other people gave just that. Some of us gave and had to struggle to give, but we did it. And for that I will never beg for bread. I think my daddy is proud of his baby. And when I mean my daddy, I am talking about my heavenly father. We raised over $2,000 to give to Well Spring Living! An organization that gives back and breathes life back into women who have been out on the streets since they were young. The organization gives them hope and aspirations to live to see another better and brighter day. I am so happy that the event went well and the models were gorge! I am going to end this by asking this question... When was ast time you stopped thinking about yourself, and decided to just give....

Special Thanks to my Special Friends:
Nrala Janvier True Artist Images
Jermaine Williams of Shut up and Act Productions
Sheila Smith Well Spring Living
Regal People (just a big head man)
Jacquelin Hester Amara Bella Salon 

No comments:

Post a Comment