Friday, September 24, 2010

NO WAY TO CONVENTIONAL BRIDES!!!








Fall Trends for a Trendy Bride

Okay soooo, I am tired of the big FOOFY FOOFY bridal dresses with the GRANDE Princess Tiara!!!Seriously? Let’s be honest. Most of the women getting married today are older and have at least one love child from either or both sides! So why must we walk down the aisle looking like a reject Cinderella?Exactly! We shouldn’t! LOL! Finally Fall is here and I can’t wait to give my fall tips on makeup and hair for my brides!!! As you may or may not know, I am the go to girl for a lot of brides here in Atlanta and surrounding cities. I travel for a lot of my weddings but most are here in the ATL! I have seen some of the most beautiful weddings this past spring and summer! But now is a new season and I have some new fresh tips for all of my Autumn and Winter brides.

I always tell my brides to do a little bit more on their wedding day. You never want to blend in with the rest of the wedding party. Today is your day! This maybe the only day that all eyes will be on you! So, with that being said. Here is a list of things you need your make up artist to do for you so that you stand out especially in your pictures.

1) Wear a pair of eyelashes! ( I say 2 pair… I am a drag queen!) This will give your eyes a pop and open your eyes more. It also stands out in a picture a mile away. (MAC #7’s are my faves and #213’s from the beauty supply store are wonderful) If you want to have a real soft look , just do individual on the ends of your lash line.

2) Use a lip stain that will last during the kissing and eating. Also wear a little bit more color on your lips. This prevents you from looking washed out.

3) Contour your cheeks and wear a high light on the apples of your cheeks. This will give you that blushing bride look.

4) It’s fall time so your skin may need a lil boost to give you a warm and healthy glow. Take a buffing brush and blend on the bridge of your nose. You will look like a goddess! I looooooove Laura Mercier and Nars Bronzers! The BOMB!

I am looking for color on the lips for this falls wedding trends. Rich Plums, Seductive Reds and Bold Fucias are wonderful colors for lips on brides. I am also diggin the soft smokey eyes on brides this fall. Smoldering Gray, Royal emerald green eyeliners and 24 K Gold shadows are wonderful eye colors for this years wedding trends.

I also have some hair tips. NO MORE PRINCESS TIARAS!!!! I hate them because they have been done sooooo many times before! Hair pieces are the way to go! The bigger the pony or up do, the hotter the bride! I say go big and soft with the hair and use big and extravagant hair ornaments. Step out side the box and do something new.

But most of all the man that you are marrying loves you, for you. So on your big day, make sure your man knows who you are when he meets you at the alter. Just be the most beautiful, blushing bride you can be. SMOOCHES!!!!

Contact me for your big day!! Yolanda Parrish @ hermosamakeup@gmail.com or 770)875.7249


1 comment:

  1. Hey girl!!! Where you at on this blog? Its been awhile. I'm waiting for some "How to look hot like Yolanda" tips. :D

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete